Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Flying Spaghetti Monster Hates My Movie


"I’m so glad this crisis was averted, and let’s hope for a smooth post-production process from here out." - Me, one week ago

The Flying Spaghetti Monster has decided that my post-production should go as slowly as possible, so in his infinite wisdom, he has messed with my computer. This time, I'm having an operating system issue. In short, my Apple computer wasn't crazy about upgrading to the new Leopard OS, and it decided to stop letting me do stuff (thankfully the movie is safe on separate harddrives).

Tonight I spent pretty much the entire night at the Apple store while the Genius Bar tried to figure out what the hell was wrong with my compy. But they couldn't fix it. Flying Spaghetti Monster damn it! So we did the only thing we could . . . an erase and reinstall. I bought yet another external drive (a 120GB) to transport some important photoshop files and other documents. Then, the operating system was erased. And now, as we speak, Leopard is once again loading to the computer. Then I'll have to reinstall all of my programs. Gotta love it.

Today's hero of the day was Adam at the Apple Store, because he stayed late (nearly an hour past closing) to help me so I wouldn't have to leave the computer overnight (which would have brought on a cost of $150). Also thanks to my friend Tom who hung out with me there for three hours. This movie will get done. In the meantime, please be nice to me, I've had a rough few weeks.

On a completely random and unrelated note (gimme a break, it's a late), I had no idea until recently that Angelina Jolie was the girl in this Meatloaf video I used to see on MTV.



Sexy Update - Comp's working again, but I'm going to lose more editing time reinstalling all my programs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't take the Flying Spaghetti Monster's name in vain, goddamnit!

-SteveA

Angela said...

The flying spaghetti monster is no match for me! Just tell me where he lives I got this.

Anonymous said...

Marvin is great isn't he! Love the music videos, did a few way back when, see if you spot anyone familiar in Fat Boy Slims The Juggler!