Now that the first cut of the film is done, I'm going to seriously start collecting music for the soundtrack. If you or someone you know is in an awesome band with some well-produced stuff to donate, then here are some ways you can contact me:
1) Send a demo CD and any press info to Warm Milk Productions Inc. PO Box 474 Lake Grove NY 11755
2) E-mail me that you're interested, and post the URL of any web sites or download links.
3) Message me through the Warm Milk Myspace Page.
If I use your music, you'll be required to sign a form which basically states that you gave me permission to use the particular song(s) for the film, and anything related to the film (like promotional videos). The form also states that the music was donated at no cost. Piece of cake, right? Spread the word...
Your music could be in a real motion picture!!!
I started looking for music a few weeks back and one obvious question I got is "What kind of music do you need?" Now that a rough edit is done, I can answer it much better. Right now, the film has temporary music tracks to help me better edit the scenes. I'll be replacing all of those tracks with donated music. Here are the tracks that are currently in the film:
1. Jon Brion - Knock Yourself Out
2. Weezer - Island in the Sun
3. Ivy - Edge of the Ocean
4. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Face to Face
5. South - Paint the Silence
6. Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
7. Damien Rice - Older Chests
8. Rogue Wave - Lake Michigan
9. Maria Mckee - If Love is a Red Dress
10. Joshua Radin - Only You
11. Shaimus - All of This
12. Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
Your music doesn't have to sound exactly like these tracks! This is just to provide a rough idea of what I can use for the film. If you know a band that sounds anything remotely like any of these, send them my way!