Friday, September 26, 2008

Weezer @ Madison Square Garden 9/24/08


I went to see Weezer at the garden with my brothers last night. We got floor tickets and this show is absolutely in my top five favorite concerts now. It blew away the first time I saw Weezer live about six years ago too. Check out this perfect setlist:

1. My Name Is Jonas
2. Pink Triangle
3. Perfect Situation
4. Say It Ain't So
5. Susanne
6. Keep Fishin?
7. King
8. Undone (with Tom DeLonge)
9. Pork & Beans
10. Dreamin'
11. Dope Nose
12. Troublemaker
13. Automatic
14. Hash Pipe
15. El Scorcho
16. What's the Story, Morning Glory? (Oasis cover)
17. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived

Encore:
18. Island in the Sun
19. Beverly Hills

Encore:
20. Sliver (Nirvana cover)
21. Buddy Holly

So basically they did EVERY hit. They did an Oasis and Nirvana cover. And they actually did Susanne, my favorite B-side of theirs! What an excellent show...I didn't have a voice for the first half of today. Opening acts were Angels & Airwaves and Tokyo Police Club. There are a ton of youtube videos from the show but of course quality is not great. Here's Perfect Situation:







You'll notice that Scott's on lead here, except for Rivers who does the chorus. Weezer's big thing right now seems to be swapping around vocals and instruments. I don't really have a major beef with that...it worked for this show at least.

No comments: