Friday, July 26, 2013

LIIFE 2013 Script Writing Competition Finalist

Just a cool thing I thought I'd share: last year I had started on a new full length screenplay. It was a drama I'd never intended to shoot myself and also something I didn't share with many people. Earlier this year, I figured why not enter it into the Long Island International Film Expo's Script Writing Contest. And wouldn't you know it - the script won a certificate as the Finalist.


This was a real big honor of course, but also a very special win for me personally. It was nice to be recognized for my writing this time (in contrast to directing and producing), since writing is my true love. Moreover, the script was an extremely personal story, so it was an extra special achievement to communicate such strong feelings in a way that resonated with the judges.

Back to the keyboard for me . . . I've got some stories in mind that might be more likely candidates for shooting. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Allen Nixon said...

Hello maate great blog post