Thursday, October 06, 2016

Sigur Ros @ Radio City Music Hall 10/5/16

This Sigur Ros show was much different than the previous performances I've seen, and for a couple of reasons: (1) it only featured three members of the band, with none of their string and bass players, and (2) it had no opening act and featured two sets with an intermission between. It was really nice to see a show so dramatically different than their usual tours.

The band did some crowd favorites but also mixed in a generous amount of new material (take my money already). There were times, admittedly, where I really missed the strings; they were noticeable absent from Starálfur (which thus cut the song's length almost in half). But at the same time, they did some new and great things with that song which really helped separate it from the previous two times I'd seen it performed.

Set 1
Á
Ekki Múkk
Samskeyti
E-Bow
Dauðalagið
Glósóli
Smáskifa

Set 2
Óveður
Starálfur
Sæglópur
Ný Batterí
Vaka
Festival
Kveikur
Popplagið

While I did get full recordings of Samskeyti and Sæglópur on my iPhone, here's someone else's way better quality video...


No comments: