Friday, July 22, 2016

"The Burden of Choice" Wins Best Story at Long Island International Film Expo!



Last night was the closing ceremony of the 2016 Long Island International Film Expo and as usual, it was an amazing night that involved hundreds of incredible upcoming filmmakers. To my surprise, our 13-minute short film The Burden of Choice was nominated in two categories: Best LI Film (which Halina took home last year) and Best Story.

I'm so proud to say that The Burden of Choice is the winner of the 2016 Best Story award!

Here are a few pictures I snagged from the festivities. It starts with a red carpet walk with myself and the star of The Burden of Choice, the infinitely talented Elisa Pupko.
Here we have some of our key crew members, including Peter the grip, DP Marc, and Rob the sound guy.
This year's honoree at LIIFE was film and TV legend Ed Asner!
Here we are the the after party with our award. DP Marc and Peter were also each nominated in the Best LI Film category for short films they each directed.
Last we have Elisa and Kevin "Dot Com" Brown making loser signs for not nabbing the actor awards. I say they were both robbed!
I generally do not enjoy doing the film festival circuits (as those closest to me will tell you) but LIIFE continues to be the exception. Besides the recognition I receive from my Long Island community, they constantly put on an amazing ceremony with the effort you just don't see in many other festivals. I really appreciate how LIIFE goes the extra mile to support indie filmmakers, which is why it's always an honor to screen there.

No comments: