Monday, September 15, 2008

Planning the DVD

While the film is still in final sound mixing, I've been trying to plan what would go on the DVD release. Believe it or not, I'd like to keep the bonus features limited so the movie wouldn't need insane compression to fit everything on the disc. It looks beautiful in all its HD glory and it would be a waste to lose that look. Here's what you might find, and what you might not find:
  • The film. Duh.
  • Two audio commentary tracks. One by myself and whoever wants from the cast. The second would be director of photography Michael LaVoie.
  • Now about bloopers...I went through some footage today looking to make a blooper reel, and so far I'm not convinced there's enough stuff for a really good one. I think we were all too stressed out to burst into spontaneous laughter fits, and nobody had any screw-ups worth watching. I'm still going to go through more footage though.
  • I don't think I'm going to put the Side Panels mini-docs on the DVD the way they appear on youtube. At this point I believe I'm going to combine them into one featurette, with some re-editing, just to give you a brief fly-on-the-wall look.
  • We do have a little Bree Olson interview worth throwing on there somewhere.
  • I'm still working on a short Peter Whales mockumentary sketch. That will premiere on this blog in the near future, and will most likely be on the DVD.
I was hoping to do some little youtube skits with some of the characters from the film, but that's proven to be difficult. The main issue is that Jonathan "Berner " Zungre has since joined SAG, and they have specific requirements for terms of his acting gigs. He wants to make it happen and we're both looking into it. Those would probably be on the DVD if they could fit.

If you have any ideas/requests for the DVD, drop them in the comments section. If you haven't already, register with blogger to post comments. It's free.

1 comment:

Caleb said...

Limited.

edition.

Hologram.

cover.


That is all.