Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Paul McCartney @ CitiField 7/18/09

Last Friday I got back from Europe, and the next day I was off to CitiField to see Paul McCartney with my friend Shane. I saw McCartney at the Garden a few years back, and the bad news is that the CitiField show is almost the exact same set list. Plus, since this was supposedly a "historic" show, there were rumors of special guests joining Paul on stage; but that didn't happen. on Saturday. However, since it's Paul McCartney - ya know, a former friggin BEATLE - I'll give him a free pass. He sounded great, and it was a beautiful night for an outdoor show. Set list? You got it:

1. Drive My Car
2. Jet
3. Only Mama Knows
4. Flaming Pie
5. Got To Get You Into My Life
6. Let Me Roll It / Foxy Lady
7. Highway
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. My Love
10. Blackbird
11. Here Today
12. Dance Tonight
13. Calico Skies
14. Mrs Vanderbilt
15. Eleanor Rigby
16. Sing The Changes
17. Band On The Run
18. Back In The USSR
19. I’m Down
20. Something
21. I’ve Got A Feeling
22. Paperback Writer
23. A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
24. Let It Be
25. Live And Let Die
26. Hey Jude
---
27. Day Tripper
28. Lady Madonna
29. I Saw Her Standing There
---
30. Yesterday
31. Helter Skelter
32. Get Back
33. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band / The End

He did Calico Skies this time, which is one of my favorite McCartney songs ever (I'm pretty sure he didn't do that one last time I saw him). But instead of a slow acoustic, he gave it a little "umph" with a full band including an accordion. The video's a little boring but the audio came out good:


Some cool news around the corner...I've been working with my new pal Jenny, who has been designing a brand new purgatorycomics.com (I've seen what she's got so far, and it's awesome). The DVDs are ready to go out and soon, ordering online will be a piece of cake.

Also, I found some inspiration in Europe (especially for some new characters I want to write). It was an amazing trip in general; I'll have to go into that another time. I'm still jet lagged apparently, and I think I have a cold. So, bedtime for me!

No comments: