Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Filmmaker / Comic Writer Digs Purgatory Comics

I've been really busy getting organized with the new DVDs and getting them out there. I'm really happy to say they've been moving, which means people are seeing this movie, which makes me feel good. Anyways, make sure you order your copy from purgatorycomics.com right away!

A pleasant surprise worth mentioning was a glowing review from someone I respect very much: Brian Lynch. He did a hilarious flick ten years ago called Big Helium Dog, and now he's a a comic writer for popular series such as Angel: After the Fall and Spike: After the Fall (both, with a thumbs up from Joss Whedon, chronicle canon adventures of the mega-popular "Buffy-verse" characters). So, a filmmaker and comic writer . . . someone born to see this flick. Brian, who's been very supportive of this project from the beginning, writes on our facebook page:

Watched it last night. Only planning on watching a little because I was really tired, but it was so entertaining I cruised right through it. Your three leads are excellent. So good. Likable and really funny. Best lines: the noise Berner makes after the Ziggy quip (okay, not a line, I guess...but the Ziggy line is gold), Berner's reaction to Zombie Gal's voice, and the old man's comment about Cola's hair reminding him of his cat and thanking her. Everyone did a great job, you guys should be really proud.

He also showed some more genuine support over a few emails, so it's definitely something I'm going to wear as a badge of honor. BTW, that pic (where I look terrible) is from years ago . . . taken in California at a View Askew film festival. Check out Brian's site Angry Naked Pat, it's a riot.

More updates soon. Also, I finally got myself an iphone, and it's everything I dreamed it would be.


No comments: