Sunday, November 16, 2014

Damien Rice @ Apollo 11/16/14

Gonna take a quick break from production updates to do another concert post - although this one leaves me at somewhat of a lack for words. I'm just going to leave it at: this was probably the best concert I've ever been to. Emotional highs and lows, ballads and rockin' jam sessions, so many guest stars, and getting a glimpse at Damien's charming (and surprisingly hilarious) personality...it was just a phenomenal experience.
  1. The Professor & La Fille Danse
  2. Delicate
  3. 9 Crimes
  4. My Favourite Faded Fantasy
  5. Elephant
  6. Older Chests
  7. The Box
  8. Colour Me In
  9. Amie
  10. Cannonball
  11. Volcano
  12. The Blower's Daughter
  13. I Don't Want To Change You
  14. I Remember
  15. Trusty And True
Here are a couple of more pics I snagged, along with a video of "Blower's Daughter" (I didn't get the first couple of lines unfortunately - but virtually the whole song is there crystal clear). I feel like I should write so much more but honestly, this show has me speechless.



Through this show I also discovered my new musical obsession, My Bubba. Before Damien, these two ladies performed their own set and it was absolutely gorgeous. Just downloaded their albums and if you love Damien, I recommend you do the same.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Halina updates!

No comments: