Saturday, June 06, 2015

Bluray Authoring with Adobe

Halina is the first time I've edited with Adobe Premiere (by way of the controversial Creative Cloud), so everything about exporting and authoring media was completely new to me. An invaluable tutorial for me is embedded below. It walks you through everything from chapter markers to exporting for DVD and bluray, to importing into Adobe Encore and authoring a disc. With this video's help, today I authored my first ever Bluray.



Now if you're like me, you might've noticed something with your new Creative Cloud account: Adobe Encore appears absent from it. That's because for whatever reason, Encore CS6 was the last version ever released and after Premiere CS6, it was no longer bundled with the video editing software.

That's dumb. Sure there are other programs to author a disc, but Encore's cool, man. So here's a trick I learned to get Encore CS6 on your machine by way of installing a previous version of Premiere.

I just watched the Halina bluray on my projector, which by the way I'm absolutely in love with. It's an Optoma HD 1080p theater projector that I've had for a few months now, and everything I play on it looks crisp, colorful and just plain amazing. So I had a little private screening in a mini-theater to prep for the big screening in Bellmore next month. Very exciting!

No comments: