Sunday, June 21, 2015

On the Set of The Burden of Choice: Day 1

Now that the  dust has finally settled, I can do my customary blogging on the production days for The Burden of Choice. This was a 2-day shoot and probably one of the smoothest shoots I've ever been a part of. A big factor in that was the location, which was my own house. No comic book stores, no giant castles...I had an environment completely under my control for the entire shoot, and I felt that relief every second of the project. 
Another big reason this was such a relaxing and enjoyable shoot was the crew. It was mostly Halina people, and it was a bunch of good people, there to make a good movie. No egos, no cynicism; just a team that wants to make it happen. As with Halina, equipment came in via Elefant Films who made a special delivery the morning of the shoot.
Then there were the actors. How many nice things can I say about them before it's weird? Seriously, how much can I gush before it stops meaning anything? They ruled.
For day 1 we shot all of Tarion's scenes, most of Jessica's scenes, half of Elisa's scenes, a fun cameo, and all of Dane Peevy's scenes. Dane is our child actor who now holds the record for the youngest actor in the WM Production universe. He came in with high energy that absolutely reminded me of myself as a kid...but then when I called "action," he performed like a champion and stayed focused (unlike I would've been able to do as a kid).
All-in-all, this was probably one of the most relaxing shooting days for me personally because I was able to just enjoy it.  Yet another reason for that was Mara, my amazing Assistant Director who did a lot of the heavy lifting

I can't wait to get some footage up. I can't wait to you guys see Elisa, or the scene with her and Jessica together, or the hilarious cameo. I'll try to blog about day 2 tomorrow. Until then!

No comments: