Monday, November 09, 2015

"The Burden of Choice" Rough Cut Done

I'm a little embarrassed about how long I'm taking in post with The Burden of Choice, mostly because the amazing cast and crew deserve a quicker turnaround . . . but as I've mentioned on this blog, I got hit with quite a few things that took my attention away from this short film for a little bit.

I think one takeaway for me is to space out my projects a little more. At the time, I thought I was being super-productive because I'd finished Halina and then jumped straight into this film, but promoting Halina demanded a lot of time.

But it's all good, as post-production for The Burden of Choice is back on track. The rough cut is just under 15 minutes, which is a little more than I wanted since this was written to be a 10 minute film. Like Halina, I'm just going to cut it to make it the best it can be . . . and if the end result is a weird running time, so be it. 

Also like Halina, the time flies when watching this film, so that's a good sign. There's still a lot of work to be done, including some sound effects, the scoring, color correcting and audio mastering. But hopefully now the pace will pick up and I can get this one wrapped before the end of the year, or at least in January (I feel like it's a good theme for a New Year).

No comments: