Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Check Out the New Art Book by Rafael Rivera



A few years back I plugged this collection of awesome art from Rafael Rivera (a.k.a. DARAF). Well now, Rafael's back with Jab, Jab, Whammo!!! The Art of Rafael Rivera A.K.A. DARAF Round 2 - and this book is even better than the first! Half the reason is because this time around, I have a full page foreword. It's a great read, but I'm a little biased.



I have a hard copy of this book and I mean it when I say: it's gorgeous. It's extremely well put together and as alwaysm the art inside is extraordinary. Recall that Rafael has been my go-to artist since the days of Purgatory Comics. Most notably, he illustrated and colored the entire Purgatory Comics comic book (still available, still free to download). 

I was really honored to write the foreword for this one, and it really made me reflect on how far back Rafael and I go now (nearly a decade!). His art is only getting better, as you'll see in this collection. Check it out!

No comments: