Monday, July 24, 2017

Muse and Thirty Seconds to Mars @ Jones Beach 7/22/18

 

And here's the first concert post in a little bit: this time I returned to Jones Beach to finally see Muse live for the very first time. I'm pleased to say the show was everything I hoped it would be.

Let's start was Thirty Seconds to Mars, a band I casually like but I'm not too familiar with beyond their singles. Whatever you think about Jared Leto (I happen to like him as he's in two of my favorite movies), there's no doubt he was charismatic and sincere during this show. The best part for me was when Leto performed an acoustic version of "The Kill" while standing in the audience. Here's their setlist:
  1. Up in the Air
  2. Conquistador
  3. This Is War
  4. Kings and Queens
  5. Alibi
  6. The Kill (Bury Me)
  7. City of Angels
  8. (Unknown)
  9. Do or Die
  10. The Ocean
  11. Closer to the Edge
Then came the Muse portion of the show, and wow. Again, it was an extremely energetic performance that really engaged the audience. Here's the set list for their portion of the concert:
  1. Dig Down
  2. [Drill Sergeant] + Psycho
  3. Interlude
  4. Hysteria
  5. Resistance
  6. Plug In Baby
  7. The 2nd Law: Isolated System
  8. Stockholm Syndrome
  9. Supermassive Black Hole
  10. The Unfortunate Not That New Kind of Kick
  11. Madness
  12. Dead Inside
  13. Munich Jam
  14. Starlight
  15. Time Is Running Out
  16. Mercy
  17. The Globalist + Drones
  18. Uprising
  19. Knights of Cydonia
The highlights for me: lead singer Matt Bellamy performing "Starlight" while standing with the audience, seeing "Knights of Cydonia" live, and their incredible performance of "Mercy" (complete with confetti and smoke machines - this part was one of my favorite concert experiences ever).

I'd like to share someone's YouTube video of "Mercy" to punctuate how much I enjoyed this part of the show; of course this video won't do the performance justice, but it sure makes me happy to look back and relive the experience.



1 comment:

anil bartwal said...

Nice post Dear!
Your Blog is well maintain, Awesome Article and pictures. Thank you sharing all those useful information's. i am also write a blog, based on Students help. This blog is also provide get online assignment help for all students. please check if you are interested.