Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Film Festivals, Withoutabox

Over the past few weeks I've been submitting screeners of the film to various festivals. Last weekend I joined Withoutabox, which is an online resource filmmakers can use to find and submit to festivals. It's also cool because you have special deadlines and in some cases, discounted submissions. And on this site, it's real easy to find a load of festivals that your particular project qualifies for. So if you're a filmmaker with a finished film on your hands, check it out.

I've been really busy with this. When a festival requests a fullblown presskit, that's some work and expens on my part. But I'm pretty proud of the presskit I make; it's gotten great compliments.

I'm mostly submitting to Long Island and New York City based festivals right now (with the exception of one California submission so far). That's all you're really going to hear about that on this blog; I'm not going to list where I submitted, so you'll just have to hope I win some. The bad news is that a lot of these festivals don't take place until later summer or even fall, so it'll be months before I hear anything for a lot of them. So, I like to make a screener/kit, send it out, and basically forget about it. If you know of any that you think I might be interested in, shoot me a message!

No comments: