Friday, November 06, 2009

Some Updates

I just got done making some tweaks to the site, mostly in areas that aren't visible to browsers. I added new meta keywords and meta descriptions to help with how search engines describe the site. I also changed my URL redirecting so it's no longer masked. In other words, instead of just "purgatorycomics.com being the title of every page, a better title appears along with the true URL of each page. I added Brian Lynch's quote to the home page and I did some other little things here and there.

Today I sent out DVDs to 5 more film festivals. I haven't entered any festivals in months because (1) it gets expensive and (2) they really leave a sour taste in your mouth. But I found a batch on withoutabox that I like, and I sent to half of that batch today. Next month I plan to send to the other half of that batch.

The coolest news however is that I put the movie on the distributor site filmbaby.com. It's not available yet so don't bother looking for it. When it becomes available, you'll be able to buy the flick from them also. It's a really cool store for indie films, just like how cdbaby is a cool site for musicians. I'll keep you posted on that.

That's about it. I mean I reprinted business cards but you don't want to hear about that. I'm trying to find other sites to sell the DVD through. Unfortunately I can't do sites like amazon because I don't have a UPC (a barcode). I can get one cheap (actually filmbaby provides that service to filmmakers), but I already printed hundreds of DVDs so it's too late for this inventory. I'll probably get a code anyway and use it in the future. In the meantime, I'm always looking for new ways to get the word out on Purgatory Comics!

No comments: