Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Need Some Sleep

Even after my harsh blog about it, I have to hand it to LaCie . . . they have some swell customer service. The guy on the phone was nice and they honored my warranty without hassle (I had read some horror stories online, so I was worried about that). I sent the drive Saturday and got it back, repaired, today. Of course the data was gone. Now the returned drive has become my backup, so once again we're operating with a safety net.

Mike was over Sunday again to finish his color/contrast corrections. However we hit a slight snag. Last blog I wrote about how the film switched to anamorphic widescreen. It turns out the filter we used for that might cause some issues later on while we're converting to DVD (it's a long technical story that I can barely follow), so I had to manually create the new borders and reframe every single shot one-by-one. It's easy, but very tedious. However I'm over 2/3 done already and I'm actually catching some errors by examing each clip this way (i.e. a few we forgot to apply color corrections too, etc). At this point I'm estimating I'll be done by the weekend. With the whole movie. Yay! I'll let you know...

No comments: