Monday, November 24, 2008

Screenwriting Championships

I mentioned a few blogs back that I'm in a screenwriting contest. They give you a genre, location, and item, and you have a very short amount of time to write a 5-page script that works in all of those elements. You then win anywhere between 0-25 points, and you progress to the next round. For the first go, I had to write a political satire that took place in a tattoo parlor, and incorporated and construction hat. Yikes. That was a month ago, but Friday the scores came in and I got 22 points. Woohoo!

I had a week to write that first script, but on Friday they gave us the second assignment, and only two days to do it. So today I wrote some historical fiction that took place at a waterfall, and incorporated a tablecloth. I have to say I wasn't thrilled with my script for the first round, but I'm excited about the one I wrote today. Maybe I'll post it in the future. We'll see what the judges think about it . . . if they like it and I get enough points, I progress again in December. If not, I'm out.

I bought some materials this weekend to make "press kits" for the movie, which I'm halfway through with my "final viewing." So expect the next blog to be titled, "Finished!"

No comments: